QC PDM’s purpose is to make practical the management of projects created on QC in a GreenDocs provided environment. The files stored on QC PDM are visible in the palette QC PDM. Through it, it’s possible to manage the files without directly accessing the QC PDM environment. The modifications made in each document are established by flux, previously registered in the QC PDM environment by the user according to their necessities.
â€¢ Search for the documents stored in the environment;
â€¢ Exhibit the properties registered for each document;
â€¢ Exhibit the project files saved in the QC PDM documents;
â€¢ Alter the document flux displayed in the QC PDM palette;
â€¢ Edit previously registered projects;
â€¢ Save these alterations directly in the QC PDM environment;
â€¢ Send new project files to existing documents in the environment;
â€¢ Create new versions of existing documents;
1. Open the settings window;
2. In the “URL” field, add the URL path to access the QC PDM environment;
3. Under “Item type” register the item code set up in QC PDM;
4. Click “Ok”;
The connexion with QC PDM will not take place if any fields are left blank. The procedure to connect to QC PDM is:
1. Open the Login window;
2. Inform your username and password for QC PDM;
3. Click Ok.
1. In the QC PDM palette, add the name of the file you’re looking for into the “Search for… ” field;
2. Click on search;
3. All the documents containing the searched for term will be displayed;
4. Documents showing the + icon possess registered files;
5. A selected document will be displayed in the Details tab, and its registered properties in the lower part of the palette.
1. In the QC PDM palette, right-click on the document whose flow you wish do alter;
2. In the menu exhibited, choose the option “Send to”;
3. A sub-menu will all possible flows will be displayed;
4. Choose the appropriate flow and the document will be refreshed in the QC PDM environment.
Depending on the selected flow, it’s possible to “Check in” and “Check out” of the document. This way, the document will locally download and so its files cannot be simultaneously accessed and altered by other users.
1. In the QC PDM palette, click on the document whose flow you wish to alter;
2. In the displayed menu, choose the option “Add file”;
3. You will have two options: “Current file” and “Search file”;
4. In “Current file”, the open file will be added to the document in question;
5. In “Search file”, you will have a window to locate the file to be added to the document.
1. Right-click on the file to be edited;
2. In the displayed context menu, select “View”;
3. The document will open and run;
4. After making the necessary modifications, right-click again;
5. In the displayedÂ context menu, select “Send alterations”;
6. The modifications will be saved in the QC PDM environment.
It’s possible to discard the alterations by selecting the option “Discard alterations” in the context menu.
1. Click on “Create document”;
2. A new document will be created and attached to the running design.
1. In the properties screen of the design, select the Properties tab;
2.In the grid, you will see the design properties that will be synced with the document file on QC PDM;
3.In the “Properties” field, you will se the name of the property of the Seal block that will be synced;
4. Under Type, you must select the option QC PDM Reference;
5. In the Reference, you must inform theÂ name of the QC PDM document property that is to be synced;
6. Click Ok.
1. Open the design you wish to refresh;
2. Click on “Refresh seal”;
3. The properties data from QC PDM will be added to the properties of the “Seal” block, according to the previous setup.
1. Open the design you wish to refresh;
2. Click on “Refresh QC PDM Document”;
3. The property data of the SEAL block will be added to the that of the QC PDM document according to the previous setup.
1. Right-click on the document whose version will be altered;
2. In the context Menu, select “New version”;
3. You will have a new version of the selected document.